- Two types of new cars produced in India are tested for petrol mileage. One group consisting of 36 cars averaged 14kms. per litre. While the other group consisting of 72 cars averaged 12.5 kms per litre.(a) What test statistic is appropriate, if
(b) Test, Whether there exists a significant difference in the petrol consumption of these two types of cars. (Use alpha=0.01)
- Obtain a relation of the form for the following data by the method of least squares:
x 2 3 4 5 6 y 8.3 15.4 33.1 65.2 126.4
- A Machine produced 16 defective articles in a batch of 500. After over hauling it produced 3 defectives in a batch of 100. Has the machine improved?
- Find the curve of second degree of regression of y on x () to the following data by method of least square :
x 1 2 3 4 y 6 11 18 27
- A manufacturer claims that only 4% of his products supplied by him are defective. A random sample of 600 products contains 36 defectives. Test the claim of the manufacturer at 5% level of significance.